Most folks charged with a drunk driving offense (DUI) want to know the punishment. Here is the list of the punishment for a DUI first offense in Tennessee.
- Jail time not less than 48 hours and up to 11 months and 29 days.
- Probation for 11 months and 29 days.
- A fine ranging from $350.00 up to $1100.00.
- Alcohol safety school.
- 24 hours of trash pick up.
- One year loss of your driver's license.
Here are a couple of caveats;
- In Williamson County, Tennessee, the trash pick up will be waived.
- You are eligible to apply for a restricted driver's license with the installation of an ignition interlock.
- Some prosecutors might insist on the attendance of a victim impact panel.
DUI penalties are always subject to change from year to year.