Nashville Burglary Defense Attorneys
We Take a Holistic Approach to Fight Burglary Charges
Tennessee's burglary statute, TCA § 39-14-402, provides strict penalties for those who break into or sneak into another person's property without permission, intending to steal money or valuables or commit some other crime.
If you have been accused of burglary, turn to May McKinney for professional and meticulous counsel and representation against these serious charges. Known for our legal ability, professionalism, and ethical standards, we are Nashville burglary defense attorneys you can trust to mount a strong defense on your behalf.
Types of Burglary Charges
With almost 80 years of collective legal experience, our lawyers have the legal knowledge and skill to represent clients in all kinds of burglary cases, including those that involve:
- Burglary of a Home or "Habitation": Entering a home or other dwelling (mobile home, tent, trailer, houseboat, etc.), considered "aggravated burglary" and a Class C felony, punishable by 3 to 15 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
- Especially Aggravated Burglary: Causing serious bodily harm to a victim who was lawfully on the premises, a Class B felony, punishable by 8 to 30 years in prison and a fine of up to $25,000.
- Burglary of a Nonpublic Building: Entering a department store, office building, gas station, or another building not open to the public with the intent to commit a crime.
- Burglary Combined with Other Crimes: Entering a building and attempting to commit theft, assault, or any felony.
- Auto Burglary: Entering any vehicle (car, truck, boat, plane, etc.) with the intent to steal the vehicle or commit a felony.
- Hiding with Intent to Commit a Crime: Concealing oneself in a building with the intent to commit theft or any felony.
Representing Clients Charged with Burglary in Nashville, Franklin, Mount Juliet, Brentwood & Beyond
To learn more about defending against charges of breaking and entering or burglary, arrange a free initial consultation with a Nashville burglary defense attorney at our firm. Call (615) 265-6383 to get started.
“If you’re looking for a firm who knows how to handle a DUI/DWI case, give Shyanne a call.”- Satisfied Client
“Her recommendations on how to proceed were spot on, and we got a favorable outcome.”- Satisfied Client
“Made a Horrible Situation Bearable”- Satisfied Client