So you've been arrested on suspicion of DUI/DWI. What's the big deal? Why should you bother to find a Tennessee DUI attorney to combat the charges against you?
In spite of the fact that many people are charged with drunk driving or driving on drugs every day, it is a serious matter and there is a lot at stake. Here is what you stand to lose without a fight if you fail to hire an attorney such as Rob McKinney:
- Your freedom: Even a first offense DUI carries mandatory jail time.
- Your driver's license: Your driving privileges will be suspended and possibly revoked. In some cases, you may also have to install an ignition interlock device on your vehicle.
- Your job: If you are a commercial truck driver, the loss of your commercial driver's license can mean the loss of your career. The same holds true for doctors, nurses and others who hold professional licenses.
- Your money: DUI fines range from $350 to $15,000, depending on the offense. Plus, your insurance rates will likely skyrocket, costing you a significant amount in increased premiums.
- Your reputation: Under Tennessee law, a DUI conviction can never be erased from your criminal record. You will carry it with you for life.
- Your time: You will be required to attend a mandatory alcohol safety school program and possibly other treatment programs. Plus, you will be required to do community service.
- Your housing: Many landlords run background checks these days and may refuse to rent you an apartment, for instance, if they see a conviction on your record.
- Your ability to travel: You will be turned back at the border if you attempt to travel to Canada or certain other countries. If you are not a U.S. citizen, you may be deported.
Free Consultation About Fighting A DUI Conviction
Do not accept such serious consequences without first consulting a highly experienced DUI attorney. To schedule a free initial consultation with Nashville DUI conviction lawyer Rob McKinney, simply call 615-686-2115 or contact us through this website.