Nashville DUI Attorneys
DUI/DWI Defense in Mount Juliet, Brentwood & Franklin
If your son, daughter, or friend calls you at 2 a.m. and says they have been arrested on suspicion of DUI/DWI, what do you do? If you yourself have been charged with drunk driving, where do you turn? You probably know you need to find a lawyer, but locating one who has the skill to help and is available when you call can seem like a daunting mission.
May McKinney is a name you can trust. Here are some reasons to choose our firm for your DUI:
- We will NOT automatically plead you guilty. Instead, we will fight your charges however possible.
- Rob McKinney is certified in gas chromatography by the American Chemical Society, which gives him insight into the science of DUI blood tests and analysis.
- Mr. McKinney holds both an instruction certificate and a student certificate (more than 64 hours' worth) in field sobriety testing from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Mr. McKinney organizes the annual DUI seminar for the Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
- Our attorneys have spoken at continuing education seminars throughout the state.
- We have successfully tried cases involving blood alcohol content (BAC) levels of up to .20.
- Mr. McKinney is a graduate of the prestigious Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College.
- Mr. McKinney is a member of the National College of DUI Defense, a life member and president of the Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and a member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Fines for Tennessee DUI Convictions
All DUI convictions in Tennessee carry a fine based on the offense you are being charged with. In most plea-bargain cases, the government offers you the minimum fine. If you go to trial, a jury must set any fine over $50. However, you can waive this and let the judge set the fine.
Here is a list of the fines for DUI offenses in Tennessee:
- For a first offense, the person shall be fined not less than $350.
- For a second offense, the person shall be fined not less than $600.
- For a third offense, the person shall be fined not less than $1,100.
- For a fourth or subsequent offense, the person shall be fined $3,000 - $15,000.
- For any offense while accompanied by a child under 18 years of age, the person shall be fined $1,000 in addition to the fine for the DUI offense.
Contact Our Nashville DUI Lawyers
May McKinney delivers experienced DUI defense representation to drivers in Nashville and across Tennessee. DUI (driving under the influence) and DWI (driving while intoxicated) are serious offenses that can carry heavy fines, license suspension, and imprisonment if you are convicted. Defense strategies are also highly technical in nature, but our team has the experience and skill to effectively counteract improperly obtained or performed field sobriety tests, breath tests, and blood tests.
When you work with our Nashville DUI lawyers, our legal team will look at your arrest, the evidence, and your charges from all angles to develop a defense strategy designed to minimize the negative consequences to you.
“If you’re looking for a firm who knows how to handle a DUI/DWI case, give Shyanne a call.”- Satisfied Client
“Her recommendations on how to proceed were spot on, and we got a favorable outcome.”- Satisfied Client
“Made a Horrible Situation Bearable”- Satisfied Client